Friday, April 27, 2007

Girl's Day Out

Mom and Dad Gervens arrived Thursday evening and since Dave had to work Friday, Mom and I seized the opportunity for some girl time. We drove up to Tennessee and our first stop was Sir's Fabric Outlet where Mom found some bargains. It's a seamstress's paradise! We then proceeded to Cowen to visit the grocery outlet (or "bent and dent" as my mother and I like to call it) where there were some serious bargains to be had!


All this shopping worked up and appetite so we stopped at the Corner House in Cowen for lunch. This century home turned restaurant served up delicious fare!


After lunch, we traveled up to Monteagle so Mom could see the beautiful campus of Sewanne (the University of the South) and so I could stop at Mountain Outfitters to buy Dave some work pants. On the way back down the mountain we stopped at this scenic overlook. What a gorgeous view!
This is the rock we climbed up, braving the grafitti and height!
Next stop was the Swiss Pantry in Belvadiere where we bought lots of treats from the Mennonites.

Pressing homeward, we wound up back in Fayetteville but instead of stopping at Sir's, we went antiquing! I found a Wedgewood Jasperware plate for $15 and took this picture of the exact vanity I had as a child. Boy do I feel old!

No comments: