Sunday, November 16, 2008

Photo Session

Our attempt to have professional photos made this year has been a nightmare so Cindy came to the rescue so we could have a decent Christmas card. Considering all she had to work with was my Kodak Easyshare camera and 15 minutes out in the church yard, I think she did an exceptional job. Thanks again!


I love this pose. We were thinking the sunbeam would look really cool (which it does) but as you can see it just wasn't working for Dave. There isn't a single picture where he isn't squinting. I tried to Photoshop it, but when I remove the squint he just winds up looking like a burn victim for some reason! Still...a cool picture



I wanted to experiment with a soft lens effect in Photoshop. I like it,but Dave thought it was too over the top so I toned it down a little.

Here's what I wound up with.

Another one that I love, but the sun on Dave's face just cannot be corrected any further even with selective brightness techniques.
Piggy back ride!


Here's an example of why I love Photoshop. This is the original picture.
Here's the picture with the brightness adjusted, the wet spots removed from my jacket, some zits removed, our teeth whitened subtly, and eyelashes for me (since my real ones never show up in pictures despite Tammy Faye proportions of mascara). You'll probably have to click on the pics to make them full-sized in order to see all the changes.

And here's this year's card. I wound up going black and white, removing the distracting posts in the background, adding a softening effect, and using selective color to make our eyes still blue while the rest of the photo is black and white.


Here's some food for thought for you gals. If little 'ol me can make so many photo changes with just a few minutes on my home computer, just imagine what they are doing to models and movie stars. Makes you wonder if they look much better than us!

2 comments:

Pulaskis said...

They look good because of the subjects!! We can do some better ones next time!

Pulaskis said...

They look good because of the subjects!! We can do some better ones next time!