Monday, December 28, 2009

Short Visit with the Gervens'

We would have loved more than a few hours with Mom and Dad, but we're still really thankful they could stop by on their way home from Tennessee.

Mom-Mom never forgets her grandkitties!

They brought Dave and I a Ruckman Reference Bible! Woo-hoo! Did you know that Engelbert Humperdinck's real name is Arnold Dorsey? Find that in your Scofield, people! Quando, Quando, Quando will I need to know that? Maybe if I ever make it on to Jeopardy.
In all seriousness though, an incredible gift. We love it!
They also brought Dave a pocket knife and cheese and crackers. I have completely hijacked his cracker stash though since they actually stay down. :) I'm loving my toe socks with moisturizers built in. Thanks, Mom!

Mom got another little Steiff to add to her collection. She actually got a bear this time instead of some offbeat creature that I couldn't resist.
Never will you see another human being this excited over a tie. Never. Hickory Farms baskets and neckties are things you get people when you don't what else to get them. In the case of Dave and his dad, respectively, cheese baskets and ties are what you buy to show you care. Make sure you don't reverse that order though. If you bring a tie within a 10 foot radius of Dave you will regret it my friend.
Dad also got a drill/saw combo kit from us and Mom. From the look on his face, maybe we should have just gotten him more ties? Nah, he liked it a lot.
And now for the piece de resistance, the coupe de grace...

An "I Love Grandma" onesie
I love the look on Dad's face. It was snapped about .00352 seconds after he figured out what was going on. Thanks for being just as exciting about #14 as my parents are about #1. That means a lot. Love ya'll!

3 comments:

Misty said...

Jen, oh my goodness! Congratulations! I am soooooo excited for you! I guess this was your way of announcing it? I'm excited to follow you through this pregnancy. How is it going so far?

Jennifer said...

Yea, we're just kind of letting everyone find out however. :) It's going fine. Morning sickness started this week and the fatigue has been here since before I knew I was pregnant! The first trimester can't be over soon enough. I'm sure you can relate. :)

Csilla said...

Glad to see you are using your italian vocabulary!? Sei brava!