Friday, February 12, 2010

First Ultrasound

We had our first ultrasound today and everything looks great. The baby is measuring between 14 and 15 weeks (8.5cm) and was very active with a strong heartbeat. So....

Admire our black and white blob like it's the greatest thing you've ever seen! We know it's really not, but we're crazy expectant parents so just humor us.

This top one's our favorite because you can see a hand/fingers and eye sockets as it's turned toward us. The hollow part on the body is the heart which was beating a mile a minute.
Shout-outs to family members. Smart kid. ;) Dave likes the bottom one because he/she is standing on its head.

Guess there's really a baby in there! It sure doesn't feel like it most days and I'm not showing at all yet, but praise the Lord for a healthy little one!

7 comments:

plgrn said...

That's the prettiest baby I've ever seen, well almost!

Lexi said...

yeah for the blob :) he/she is BEAUTIFUL! And talented...maybe he/she will be an acrobat.

Amie said...

The first pic of my niece/nephew!!! I'm so excited!!! It'll be a gorgeous baby, cause mommy and daddy are!! Love ya, Jenn

Julie said...

Isn't amazing to see your little baby!? These pics almost made me cry. I'm so happy for you guys. Enjoy every second! It all goes by so fast.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Misty said...

Blobs are just the best! I knew everyone in the world was stoked to see my blob for sure. I'm so happy for you guys. Can't wait for him/her to get here!

Csilla said...

Hey Jenn! Praying for you all. Little Blob Gervens is adorabubble!

Lydia said...

Jenn your blob is the best ever! :) I'm so happy to SEE your blessing and happy that everything is healthy!