Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fun with Photoshop

I love love love to digital scrapbook with Photoshop. It's cheaper and neater than traditional scrapbooking and I love having all my pages put into a compact album at the end of each year. In some ways it's also easier since I generally use other people's templates that they generously share so I don't even have to come up with a layout on my own. Photoshop is an amazing program that is somewhat wasted on me though since I have yet to tap into it's potential. Fixing red eye, faking the depth of field, adding eye makeup, and changing clothing colors are about the only ways I ever alter a photo. After using the program for a couple years I just discovered Photoshop actions this week. Actions are to photos what templates are to digital scrapbooking: the lazy way to go! Needless to say, I am enjoying my new "toy."

Mom took this picture of Bella last week and I ran a fake the depth of field action on it so I no longer have to do that manually. Yay!


This is with a DOF action and a retro action. Love this one with the farmer's market theme.
Vintage action
And a sepia action

1 comment:

Misty said...

Woo hoo! You did it too! A non-Trudy post! Cool actions in Photoshop. Didn't know there was a scrapbook option. I need to do that for Brooke's 1st year.