Thursday, April 14, 2011

Trudy's First Celebrity Encounter!

Trudy met her first celebrity last week. Christy Jordan of Southern Plate fame happened to be at Ann Taylor Loft at the same time as my mom and me. Christy was on a quest for a wrinkle-free blouse for her upcoming Southern Living Magazine photo shoot whilst I was just on a quest to add pieces to my wardrobe that don't have baby food or spit up stains on them.
A couple of years ago my mother and aunt started bring amazing dishes to our church potlucks. Whenever they'd receive compliments they'd just grin and say, "Southern Plate." Of course I had to see what all the fuss was about and after my first Southern Plate creation (M&M Oatmeal Bars) I could grin and say it too!

Christy Jordan is know to Hubs as "The Chicken Plank Lady." I'm sure this isn't how she'd prefer to go down in history, but considering her husband married her for her chicken planks...maybe it's appropriate. They are some mighty fine eats!

Thanks, Christy for sharing your love for Southern food and keeping it simple enough that even I can cook it!

No comments: