Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tutu Cute

Most of the time I take pictures to commemorate an event or milestone or capture something quick that I don't want to miss. Once in a while though I get a hankering to take pictures purely for fun. It then that I wish I had a DSLR camera. Currently I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 that my dad bought for me while I was pregnant with Trudy. I love that it's a nice compromise between point and click and DSLR, and I've taken some great pictures with it. It does video too! What I can't accomplish with the camera, I can usually "help" with Photoshop. Owning a DSLR would be a dream come true, but I often wonder if it would do more harm than good. You see, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and right now I'm free to snap a quick photo (and if you have a baby or toddler you know they all have to be quick!) and forget it. If it doesn't turn out well, I can blame the camera. With a DSLR I wouldn't be content unless all of my shots looked like something that came from a professional. Plus, I'm not sure I'd be willing to lug around the camera and lenses along with all the baby paraphernalia that follows me everywhere. Did I mention cost? Holy $$$! Maybe when our baby days are over and hopefully the price of DSLR technology comes down I'll make the plunge. Until then, I'm just going to enjoy what I have.

I took Trudy out in the back yard in her tutu for a photo shoot. I'm horrible about judging the angle of the light, etc. so I just took a bunch and hoped for the best. It took quite a while to edit some of the shadows out, but oh well. 
































No comments: