Saturday, May 19, 2012

Handing Over the Camera

As a control freak perfectionist, it's hard for me to turn over the reigns with just about anything including my camera. A while back I posted some family photography tips, one of which was to make sure to include yourself in family photos. It's time for me to practice what I preach and that means handing over the camera on occasion to Hubs. Last week we headed out to the back yard during the "golden hours" before sunset so I could have some pictures of Sweet T and me together, as well as a couple of maternity pictures.
Being the control freak that I am, Hubs could barely get off a few shots before I took the camera, checked his photos, adjusted settings, critiqued his composition...you get the idea. Thank goodness Hubs is a patience, laid-back kind of guy. A lesser man would have taken my head off!
Considering we just upgraded to a DSLR, the fact that I'm not proficient with it yet, and the fact that Hubs generally can't frame up a good shot with even a point-and-shoot, I was impressed with what we wound up with! 
Of course he took hundreds of pictures and I used Photoshop heavily afterward, but kudos to him for being patient with us! Sweet T was mostly a happy camper. Notice she has a Quaker Soft Bake Bar in her hand. She refused to give it up so we just took pictures with crumbs on her face and a snack in hand. Whatever keeps her smiling!
 
I told Hubs he did such a good job that I'll be handing the camera over more often. He groused a little at that and muttered that he should have done a crappier job so he wouldn't have to go through this again.
I've got to be nicer next time and not criticize when the compost tumbler, car, or clotheslines wind up in the background. Can I blame it on pregnancy hormones?
If we can survive it, you can survive it. Hand over that camera and get in the pictures with your kids! Now who wants to volunteer to take pictures of all three of us? I'm super easy to work with...really. ;)

1 comment:

Candace said...

You look beautiful! It was nice meeting you in Pensacola!