Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Painting at Mom's Night Out

10 of us put down our kids and picked up a paintbrush for Mom's Night Out this month. Our own Elena is a talented painter and graciously helped us create our own masterpieces. We tried to copy one of her creations.

Getting ready to get our paint on!





We had one little MNO crasher. Didn't even know she was there! I'm not sure she spoke or made any noise the entire night. Teach us, Cristina!

We're ready to learn all you can teach us Elena. Give us your words of wisdom.
"Ok, there is the painting. Just do that."

What?!

oooook!


Photo courtesy of Tiffany in case you were wondering how I made it into this one



I'm not at all an artist, have no desire to express myself through creativity and won't tell you what I'm feeling unless I'm angry or ticked off so I didn't expect to enjoy painting so much! My favorite part of the experience was seeing how each lady's painting was so different. It's like getting a little peek into their hearts.

Natalie Nicole's (do you go by both or either?)

Tiffany's

Leslie's

Arlene's

Anna's

Amber's

Meagan was in the ZONE.

Elena decide to paint along and just whip up another masterpiece for the fun of it. You can hate her. It's ok. We do. ;)

Cristina's

Such a fun, loving atmosphere in which to create! We all noticed we were more critical of our own work that other people's, so paining in a group kept things positive. Forgot to take a picture of my own so I took one after I got home. Behold...


 This was no "Sip and Stroke" so you can imagine what it would have looked like had there been a glass of wine involved. Almost wish I had inebriation for an excuse. Since it's a painting only a mother could love, that's exactly who will be receiving it. Let's hope she praises it and puts it up on the fridge.

So when are we doing this again, Girls?





2 comments:

Havah Mommy said...

So fun!!! I am definitely in for the next one. :)

Thankyouabba said...

I prefer Nicole, but you can call me anything but Nat. Lol. Thank you for showing our work! I love yours! I love everyones, really, it shows our differences and I just love that about us all! God really did an amazing thing with us all…we are so unique and yet we get along well and had an amazingly fun night.
Tiffany wanted mine, so I might trade for hers and see how it goes.