This pregnancy has gone quite differently than my first. I'm not sure if the difference lies in this being a second pregnancy, it being unplanned, or my being a couple of years older, but I'm currently 20 weeks along with baby #2 and here's what I've noticed so far:| Pregnancy #1 | Pregnancy #2 | |
| Announcing | Let’s tell everybody right away! | We can probably keep it a secret until I’m showing. |
| Morning Sickness | It's unpleasant but a good sign | Give me Zofran so I can keep up with my toddler |
| Fatigue | Yawn – Think I’ll take a nap | Naps? Those things my toddler gets to take? |
| Gender Determination | Can’t wait to find out what we’re having! | We're ok with either. Let's just be surprised. |
| Ultrasounds | Just how soon can you get a 4D ultrasound? | How much? I’ll be seeing that cute little face soon enough...at all hours of the night |
| Prenatals | We get to hear the heartbeat! | Didn't we just have a prenatal? |
| Stretch Mark Prevention | Homemade stretch mark prevention used religiously. | I’m 30 and my butt’s starting to sag. What’s a few stretch marks? |
| Gestation Period | I can't wait to meet my baby. This pregnancy is taking forever. | Only 4 months left!? *Remembers life with a newborn and wonders why we can't have 2 year gestation periods like elephants do.* |
| Labor Plans | Peaceful water birth | Hoping labor is so short the birth will occur in the car on the way to the midwife |
Don't worry. I'm taking prenatal vitamins, eating lots of protein, and keeping up with my appointments. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment