Trudy is obsessed with Curious George so naturally she celebrated turning 3 with a Curious George birthday party.
We kept things simple by only inviting a few family members and making sure Trudy and Gus were the only small children present.

I made the cupcakes from a cake mix and frosted them using a Wilton tip and canned frosting.

Adding banana Runts and maraschino cherries added some color and fun without any extra work.

I made the cupcakes from a cake mix and frosted them using a Wilton tip and canned frosting.

Adding banana Runts and maraschino cherries added some color and fun without any extra work.
For the meal I enlisted Mom to make pasta salad. Hubs stopped at Little Caesar's and bought $5 hot and ready pizzas just like Chef Pisghetti would make. ;)
Party City has Curious George balloons which jazzed up Sweet T's chair as well as the gift area.


It took a lot longer than I anticipated to assemble these tissue paper pom-poms from Koyal wholesale. I'm leaving them up until Gus' party! That's a little monkey from Gymboree riding the garland.

Books and bananas make for cheap decorations!
Milk bottles were a bit of a splurge, but I can reuse them for Gus' party as well as food photography. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.
Trudy loved her Curious George birthday party! She loved her pink light-up cowboy boots from Papa and Gigi too.
Gus got some cake frosting and pizza crusts so he wasn't complaining
Make a wish!
Trudy loved her party! Mama and Gigi are partied out. Hopefully next year I can convince her that a shopping trip and going out to eat is celebration enough. Stay tuned next month for Gus' celebration with all things asparaGus.







1 comment:
Cute Party!!
Post a Comment