Mom and Dad Gervens arrived Thursday evening and since Dave had to work Friday, Mom and I seized the opportunity for some girl time. We drove up to Tennessee and our first stop was Sir's Fabric Outlet where Mom found some bargains. It's a seamstress's paradise! We then proceeded to Cowen to visit the grocery outlet (or "bent and dent" as my mother and I like to call it) where there were some serious bargains to be had!
All this shopping worked up and appetite so we stopped at the Corner House in Cowen for lunch. This century home turned restaurant served up delicious fare!


After lunch, we traveled up to Monteagle so Mom could see the beautiful campus of Sewanne (the University of the South) and so I could stop at Mountain Outfitters to buy Dave some work pants. On the way back down the mountain we stopped at this scenic overlook. What a gorgeous view!



No comments:
Post a Comment